Only ports 22, 80 and 443 are open by default on cloud servers.
If you need to turn on other ports, you can add the allowed IN type ports in the Firewall page. To do this, go to Client Area > Services > click on corresponding Cloud Server > Firewall.
To add a simple rule for ports in the Firewall section, click Add button > check Enable button (top-right), for “proto” select TCP, > in “dport” insert the ports needed to become enabled > and leave other fields blank as they are not needed > then click on Add button.
Using security groups
Security groups are port scenarios that we set based on most common services.
- “basic” security group opens ports 22, 80, 443 and ping
- “mailserver” security group opens ports commonly used by mail servers
- “panel-baota” security group opens ports needed for Pagoda panels
- “panel-cpanel” security group opens ports that cPanel control panel needs to use
- “panel-webuzo” security group opens ports that Webuzo control panel needs to use
In the Firewall page, click the three-dot icon (located at the right of Add button), and you can see the “Add Security Group” button. After you click it, a popup window will appear, > select the needed security group > check Enable, > then click “Add” button.