General AgreementThis Agreement ("Agreement") is between Sugarhosts.com("Sugarhosts") and the person (individual or legal person) who signs Sugarhosts’ order form ("Order") incorporating this Agreement by reference ("Customer").
This Agreement governs Customer's use of Sugarhosts’ Web Hosting and/or related services.
1. ServicesSubject to the terms of this Agreement, and contingent on Customer's satisfaction of Sugarhosts’ credit approval requirements, Sugarhosts agrees to provide Customer with web hosting and / or related services selected by Customer from Sugarhosts’ then published list of services ("Services") and as described in the Order, for the fees stated in the Order.
The Services to be provided initially to Customer shall be as selected in the Order and thereafter as established through correspondence between Customer and Sugarhosts.
2. TermThe initial term of the Agreement shall begin on the date that Sugarhosts generates an order confirmation e-mail message to Customer announcing the activation of the Customer's account (the "Service Commencement Date") and shall continue for the number of months stated in the Order (the "Initial Term").
However, no service shall commence unless and until Sugarhosts receives and accepts a completed Order from Customer, plus payment in full for Services to be rendered during the Initial Term and any set up charges.
Sugarhosts reserves the right to reject any submitted Order for any or no reason prior to written acceptance thereof by Sugarhosts.
Upon expiration of the Initial Term, this Agreement shall automatically renew for successive terms of the same length as the Initial Term ("Renewal Term") unless Sugarhosts or Customer provides the other with written notice of non-renewal in accordance with Renewal Policy and Cancellation Policy to the expiration of the Initial Term or then current Renewal Term, as applicable. The Initial Term and any Renewal Term may be referred to collectively in this Agreement as the "Term."
FeesAll fees for Services rendered or provided to Customer shall be in accordance with Sugarhosts’ prices.
Customer's billing cycle shall be monthly, quarterly, annually or biennially, triennally as indicated on the Order, beginning on the Service Commencement Date. Sugarhosts may require payment for the first billing cycle before beginning service. Fees for the Renewal Term are payable thirteen (13) days in advance of each billing cycle.
If the Order provides for credit / debit card billing, Customer authorises Sugarhosts to bill subsequent fees to the credit / debit card before, on or after the first day of each successive billing cycle during the Term of this Agreement otherwise Sugarhosts will invoice Customer via electronic mail to the Primary Customer Contact listed on the Order.
Payments must be made in the currencies listed on Sugarhosts.com. Customer is responsible for providing Sugarhosts with changes to billing information (such as credit card expiration, change in billing address).
Payment in full of such invoiced amount is due upon receipt of the invoice. Should payment in full of any invoice not be received, Sugarhosts may charge interest on overdue amounts at the lesser of 1.5% per month or the maximum non-usurious rate under applicable law. In addition, Sugarhosts may terminate this Agreement and / or suspend Services without notice if payment for Services is overdue.
Fees not disputed within thirty (30) days of due date are conclusively deemed accurate. Customer agrees to pay Sugarhosts’ reasonable reinstatement fee following a suspension of service for non-payment, and to pay Sugarhosts’ reasonable costs of collection of overdue amounts, including collection agency fees, legal fees and court costs.
If the actual payment amount is different from invoice amount due to exchange difference, customer agrees Sugarhosts to handle based on the amount Sugarhosts affirmed.
Fee IncreasesSugarhosts may amend the Services and / or the fees it charges for Services (excluding domain registration/renewal/transfer) by giving at least fourteen (14) days notice to Customer, and if Customer does not give a notice of non-renewal as provided in Section 2 above, the Customer shall be deemed to have accepted the new fee and for any subsequent Renewal Terms (unless the fees are increased in the same manner for a subsequent Renewal Term).
TaxesAt Sugarhosts’ request Customer shall remit to Sugarhosts all sales, VAT or similar tax imposed on the provision of the services (but not in the nature of an income tax on Sugarhosts) regardless of whether Sugarhosts fails to collect the tax at the time the related services are provided.
Early TerminationCustomer acknowledges that the amount of the fee for Services is based on Customer's agreement to pay the fee for the entire Initial Term, or Renewal Term, as applicable. In the event Sugarhosts terminates the Agreement for Customer's breach of the Agreement in accordance with Section 9 (Termination), or Customer terminates the service other than in accordance with Section 9 (Termination) for Sugarhosts’ breach, the unpaid fees for each billing cycle remaining in the Initial Term or then-current Renewal Term, as applicable, are due seven (7) business days following termination of the Agreement.
4. Law / AUPCustomer agrees to use the services in compliance with applicable law and Sugarhosts’ Acceptable Use Policy (the "AUP"), which is hereby incorporated by reference in this Agreement.
Customer agrees that Sugarhosts may, in its reasonable commercial judgment consistent with industry standards, amend the AUP from time to time to further detail or describe reasonable restrictions and conditions on Customer's use of the Services.
Amendments to the AUP are effective on the earlier of Sugarhosts’ notice to Customer that an amendment has been made, or the first day of any Renewal Term that begins subsequent to the amendment.
Customer agrees to cooperate with Sugarhosts’ reasonable investigation of any suspected violation of the AUP. In the event of a dispute between Sugarhosts and Customer regarding the interpretation of the AUP, Sugarhosts’ commercially reasonable interpretation of the AUP shall govern.
5. Customer InformationCustomer represents and warrants to Sugarhosts that the information he, she or it has provided and will provide to Sugarhosts for purposes of establishing and maintaining the service is accurate.
If Customer is an individual, Customer represents and warrants to Sugarhosts that he or she is at least 18 years of age, and Sugarhosts reserves the right to ask for proof of age (in the form of a valid passport or photo driving licence) and to carry out checks to verify the information provided.
Sugarhosts may rely on the instructions of the person listed as the Primary Customer Contact on the Order with regard to Customer's account until Customer has provided a written notice changing the Primary Customer Contract.
6. IndemnificationCustomer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sugarhosts, Sugarhosts’ affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, obligations, losses, damages, penalties, fines, punitive damages, amounts in interest, expenses and disbursements of any kind and nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys fees) brought by a third party under any theory of legal liability arising out of or related to the actual or alleged use of Customer's services in violation of applicable law or the AUP by Customer or any person using Customer's log on information, regardless of whether such person has been authorized to use the services by Customer.
7. Disclaimer of WarrantiesCustomer agrees to use all Sugarhosts’ Services and any information obtained through or from Sugarhosts at Customer’s own risk.
Sugarhosts does not warrant or represent that the Services will be uninterrupted, error-free, or completely secure. To the extent permitted by applicable law Sugarhosts disclaims any and all warranties including the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and noninfringement. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all Services are provided on an "as is" basis.
8. Limitation of DamagesNeither party shall be liable to the other for any lost profits, or any indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive loss or damage of any kind, or for damages that could have been avoided by the use of reasonable diligence, arising in connection with the agreement, even if the party has been advised or should be aware of the possibiliy of such damages.
Notwithstanding anything else in the agreement to the contrary, the maximum aggregate liability of Sugarhosts and any of its employees, agents or affiliates, under any theory of law (including breach of contract, tort, strict liability, and infringement) shall be a payment of money not to exceed the amount payable by customer for three months of service.
9. Suspension / Termination
Suspension of ServiceCustomer agrees that Sugarhosts may suspend services to Customer without notice and without liability if: (i) Sugarhosts reasonably believes that the services are being used in violation of any Terms and Conditions or the AUP; (ii) Customer fails to cooperate with any reasonable investigation of any suspected violation of the AUP; (iii) Sugarhosts reasonably believes that the suspension of service is necessary to protect its network or its other customers, or (iv) as requested by a law enforcement or regulatory agency. Customer shall pay Sugarhosts’ reasonable reinstatement fee if service is reinstituted following a suspension of service under this subsection.
TerminationThe Agreement may be terminated by either party, without cause, by giving the other party fourteen (14) days prior written notice.
The Agreement may be terminated by Customer prior to the expiration of the Initial Term or any Renewal Term without further notice and without liability if Sugarhosts fails in a material way to provide the service in accordance with the terms of the Agreement and does not cure the failure within ten (10) days of Customer's written notice describing the failure in reasonable detail.
The Agreement may be terminated by Sugarhosts prior to the expiration of the Initial Term or any Renewal Term without liability as follows:
1. without notice if Customer is overdue on the payment of any amount due under the Agreement;
2. if Customer materially violates any other provision of the Agreement, including the AUP, and fails to cure the violation within seven (7) days of a written notice from Sugarhosts describing the violation in reasonable detail;
3. if Customer materially violates section 3(Specifically prohibited) of the AUP
4. without notice if Customer's service is used in violation of a material term of the AUP more than once, or
5. upon one (1) days notice if Customer violates Section 5 (Customer Information) of this Agreement.
Either party may terminate this agreement upon ten (10) days advance notice if the other party admits insolvency, makes an assignment for the benefit of its creditors, files for bankruptcy or similar protection, is unable to pay debts as they become due, has a trustee or receiver appointed over all or a substantial portion of its assets, or enters into an agreement for the extension or readjustment of all or substantially all of its obligations.
10. Requests for Customer InformationCustomer agrees that Sugarhosts may, without notice to Customer, (i) report to the appropriate authorities any conduct by Customer or any of Customer's customers or end users that Sugarhosts believes violates applicable law, and (ii) provide any information that it has about Customer or any of its customers or end users in response to a formal or informal request from a law enforcement or regulatory agency or in response to a formal request in a civil action that on its face meets the requirements for such a request.
11. Back Up CopyCustomer agrees to maintain a current copy of all content hosted by Sugarhosts notwithstanding any agreement by Sugarhosts to provide back up services.
12. Changes to Sugarhosts’ NetworkUpgrades and other changes in Sugarhosts’ network, including, but not limited to changes in its software, hardware, and service providers, may affect the display or operation of Customer's hosted content and/or applications. Sugarhosts reserves the right to change its network in its commercially reasonable discretion, and Sugarhosts shall not be liable for any resulting harm to Customer.
13. NoticesNotices to Sugarhosts under the Agreement shall be given via electronic mail to the e-mail address posted for customer support on www.sugarhosts.com. Notices to Customer shall be given via electronic mail to the individual listed as the Primary Customer Contact on the Order. Notices are deemed received on the day transmitted, or if that day is not a business day, on the first business day following the day delivered. Customer may change his, her or its notice address by a notice given in accordance with this Section.
14. Force MajeureSugarhosts shall not be in default of any obligation under the Agreement if the failure to perform the obligation is due to any event beyond Sugarhosts’ control, including, without limitation, significant failure of a portion of the power grid, significant failure of the Internet, natural disaster, war, riot, insurrection, epidemic, strikes or other organized labor action, or type for which precautions are not generally taken in the industry, theft, destruction, terrorist activity, acts of God or other events of a magnitude.
15. Governing LawThe Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and all claims concerning this Agreement shall be brought exclusively in English courts located in England. The parties hereby consent to submit to the jurisdiction of such courts and waive any personal jurisdiction or venue defences concerning said forum. The Customer is deemed to have agreed to this Agreement, when commencing use of any of Sugarhosts' services.
16. MiscellaneousEach party acknowledges and agrees that the other party retains exclusive ownership and rights in its trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, inventions, copyrights, and other intellectual property. Neither party may use the other party's name or trade mark without the other party's prior written consent. The parties intend for their relationship to be that of independent contractors and not a partnership, joint venture, or employer / employee. Neither party will represent itself to be agent of the other. Each party acknowledges that it has no power or authority to bind the other on any agreement and that it will not represent to any person that it has such power or authority.
Sugarhosts reserves the right to amend this Agreement and the AUP and Customer shall be bound by any such amendments. Customer shall have the obligation to periodically visits Sugarhosts’ website www.sugarhosts.com to review the AUP and make certain Customer is in full compliance therewith. In the event of any inconsistencies between this Agreement and the AUP, the terms of the AUP shall govern.
The terms on Customer's purchase order or other business forms are not binding on Sugarhosts unless they are expressly incorporated into a formal written agreement signed by both parties. A party's failure or delay in enforcing any provision of the Agreement will not be deemed a waiver of that party's rights with respect to that provision or any other provision of the Agreement. A party's waiver of any of its right under the Agreement is not a waiver of any of its other rights with respect to a prior, contemporaneous or future occurrence, whether similar in nature or not.
The captions in the Agreement are not part of the Agreement, but are for the convenience of the parties. The following provisions will survive expiration or termination of the Agreement: fees, indemnity obligations, provisions limiting liability and disclaiming warranties, provisions regarding ownership of intellectual property, these miscellaneous provisions, and other provisions that by their nature are intended to survive termination of the Agreement.
There are no third party beneficiaries to the Agreement. Customer may not transfer the Agreement without Sugarhosts’ prior written consent. Sugarhosts’ approval for assignment is contingent on the assignee meeting Sugarhosts’ credit approval criteria. Sugarhosts may assign the Agreement in whole or in part.
This Agreement together with the Order and AUP constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between the parties regarding its subject matter and supercedes and replace any prior understanding or communication, written or oral.
The Customer is deemed to have agreed to this Agreement when commencing use of any of Sugarhosts’ Services.